badge by heidi & seek (thinker maker)
I’ve just been over to the gorgeous Isis Made blog, and have taken her ethical clothing pledge…
Of course we are already acutely conscious of what we buy around here. But now we are clicking our heels and sending you all our best scout salute!
Is it difficult with a 10 year old daughter…? Yup.
…a little shop around Bluecaravan should do the trick!
T H E _ E T H I C A L _ C L O T H I N G _ P L E D G E
I pledge to only wear clothing that is one or more of the following:
2. Handmade (preferably by me) *clothing by me? OK maybe not this bit!
4. Made with ethical / environmentally friendly materials
5. Made by a company with strong ethical policy & workers’ rights
* Companies with environmentally friendly practices (such as cutting down on waste/energy/water) get brownie points
* If I get one little inkling of sweatshop labour, I’m outta there!
* Above all though, I think the most important thing is reducing the amount of things we use in the first place. Not purchasing ANOTHER piece of clothing just for the sake of it is the biggest statement we can make.